Saturday, April 26, 2014

say no to computer games


Video Games Are A Waste of Time

   Did you know you can get arthiritis in your hands by playing video games so much? Most video games are non educational and also violent??? Is it a good idea to play video games then?? Also, video games aren't going to help people in their life. Are you going to be smarter because you play video games? Will you get a good job and income due to video games? There are better ways to entertain yourself that is also educational
 

Video games are not a waste of time.

   I believe that video games are not a waste of time like what most people seem to think. What do you think most people do when they are not doing anything? Probably watching TV or reading? How is this not as active as playing a video game? I believe that video games are far more interesting and can do a lot more than read or watching tv. Don't get me wrong, I love reading but everything is already set in motion and you cannot change the story what so ever. 
 
I personally believe its a waste of time. What is the point of beating a game and losing bucks on it? I dont find any good for games. For example I played the Tombraider series for years and now I regretted every moment I spent on them. Most of those who make video games dont play their own games or others video games. Video games are beautiful somehow but they isolate you from your family and atmosphere. I believe, if you want to play video games, then play a video game that is short and not complicated to avoid killing much time or simply smash your PS3 console and GET A LIFE.
 

Since I rarely come across anti-video game articles, I figured I would contribute my own brand of disdain. First I must confess that I spent a great deal of my late teens dead locked to any device that sported a screen. I am an adult of the “Mortal Kombat” and “Killer Instinct” clan, and I must say, oh how I wish I would have used that time more wisely.
Parents, video games are not all innocence and free play. It is difficult not to take advantage of such easy baby sitters.  It is difficult to embrace the thought that your young are constantly developing and you must monitor the junk food they consume nutritionally as well as electronically.  There can never be a surrogate for respect, self esteem or humbleness if video games are your substitute.  Parents, be a mentor, not an enabler.  I am a parent; yes it’s quite a challenge.
Young adults and teens please think about what you are saying of life; please think about the investment of your precious time you will never redeem by animated graphic control. I truly wish someone would have set me aside and asked me to write out the benefits to my life that video games bring me. I truly wish that someone would have said, “Look ten years from now and ask yourself how you plan to reap the fruit of countless hours of video games?”  How many relationships have you built?  What jobs have you prepared for?  What do you want to create in life? If I were to answer my inquisitor honestly, I wouldn’t have an answer worth leaving my lips.
Looking back at the void this time created in my persona, I can safely say that I might as well have been inebriated. Please understand how I see my life transformed by the ruthlessness of time. If I am not at work, I am fussing with school, if I am not researching, then I am writing. Productivity is a drum I beat myself against. If my time isn’t dedicated to producing, then it must finally be spent soaking up the miracle of my little girl and wife. There is no doubt that age brings wisdom and with wisdom comes discernment. I lament the lost time I could have been mining books for information, socializing with life made mobile, or gazing the wonders of God’s green earth.
You cannot experience deep meaningful friendship transfixed on pixels. You cannot explore the philosophical differences of your matured family members wearing a headset. Will you appreciate the fall colors from inside your home? Will you spot a deer hidden by the woods from the corner of your eye, sitting in your arm chair? Will your lover want to ravish you after 12 hours straight of game play, wearing your baggy sweats, emanating the musty odor of ‘lazy man?’ Ask yourself; How do I want to be remembered?

No comments:

Post a Comment